Monday, January 28, 2019

Week 2

Question 1 Which social media platforms seem geared towards personal use? Why do you think so?

Social medias that seems geared towards personal use are Snapchat, Tik Tok, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram because their platforms in popularity are due to the personal use of the users. The platform is dominated by the creators and grows due to the creators. The users tend to post funny stories, stuff about their life, or information for other users to learn more things. 


Question 2 Which ones seem to work better for business? What makes them seem more suitable to business use?



The two main social medias that are the best for business are Instagram and Facebook because of the capability of advertisement, however Facebook is currently one the the biggest platforms going down hill for personal use with the next generation of kids.  

Question 3 Do any seem to work well for both? How are they used differently?

Instagram, and Youtube are the best for both categories for the amount of trafficking through the sites makes it a great spot for personal and business use. They are used differently for independent creators/ users on the site to post for their enjoyment. Companies mainly use the platforms to advertise information and grow their audience, and fans. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I agree with what you have said about the different platforms. I'm just curious on why you think that Facebook is going downhill for personal use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matthew ~ I remember Facebook when it was just for personal use. It has changed so much, and now I agree that it seems much better for business. I also like YouTube for business use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree that Facebook is going downhill for personal use. Facebook has to make money somehow, and they do this by marketing our data and selling advertisements. It seems nowadays my FB feed is fulled with more "Sponsored links" than updates from my actual FB friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Matthew, After reading your post I realized I had forgotten about certain media platforms. For example you mentioned YouTube and and TikTok. I forget that social media has changed. I dont see those social media platforms as a good place to start a business though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you on tiktok, but the understand this for youtube. A business or a brand can be simply an individual with their creative skills. So personally I think it is an amazing place to grow a business.

      Delete
  5. Hi Matthew!

    I completely agree with your statement that Facebook is going downhill. I personally have had issues growing my business through Facebook because it seems like I get more consumer engagement on other platforms such as Instagram and Youtube.

    ReplyDelete