Monday, February 4, 2019

Week 3 part 1

Have you ever experienced difficulty communicating with a business? 

I have been on a call for 3 hours with a company by the name of Genesis trying to get a hold of them. 


Does social media make it easier to get noticed or get your problem solved?

Absolutely depending on the business! I was able to reach the same company in 5 minutes through a direct message on Instagram.



Have you ever had a positive experience communicating with a business through social media?

Yeah I got a quick easy response to answer my questions. 


If it was your own business on social media, how would you respond to positive or negative comments?
I would respond to positive comments in a respectful thankful manner, but only would respond to the negative comments with constructive criticism. 


Describe what made your experience negative or positive.
It was all based on the customer service to be completely honest, I think that is the number one core value for a business to do well is how they interact with customers. 


7 comments:

  1. Customer support via social media is rapidly growing nowadays. While your experience was helpful, one thing I do not like is when companies transition all their customer support to social media like a Facebook page or a Twitter or Instagram feed. Some of these companies have no phone number or email, they just link to their social media pages if one seeks "support."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! I think the importance should be people who call first before social media.

      Delete
  2. It's unfortunate that when you made the phone call, you were on hold for so long. At least you were able to get your issue resolved with an online contact. It's good, I guess, and the wave of the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Matthew!
    I have never had an encounter with customer support from a business via social media, but I think that is really cool to get a speedy response that way instead of being on the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Matt, I completely agree with you that the business needs to focus on interacting with their customers. I learned in some classes that a business that reaches many is successful but I think that small businesses especially that can make someone come back is even more successful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Matthew,
    Coming from someone who works as a Customer Service Representative I can see from the business side that 3 hours on hold is an excessive amount of time and shows that the company values their time more than yours. There are simpler solutions and I believe the company should have at least took your information and called you back at a more convenient time or requested you email your inquiry to a general inbox so an available representative could assist you. Hopefully, this company will get better at their phone service.

    ReplyDelete