Monday, May 20, 2019

Week 17



One good semester coming to an end. It has been a long intense and at times dreadful experience, but nonetheless, an experience that I have finally gone through. Social media is always changing with various articles stating many facts that Facebook is no longer a tool for the new generation but an old relic from the past, and I believe that to a certain degree. I necessarily do not believe I will ever use facebook ever again after this class but I do truly understand the market currently on the app. For my personal real business on fanaticstudiosvideo.com, I have gotten actually some work outside this class from older customers. I have not been using social media for my business fully yet due to factors of wanting to send it fully off at the perfect time with all the right tools in place. With content lined up to be posting for months which I am currently have been in the progress of doing


Social media is always changing though, having to stay on top of what is the new, hip thing with focusing really hard on where your target market will be. My current target market is b2b, with realtors. People who are business agents in the San Diego area who is yearning for cutting edge videography to sell their property in the best, most effective way possible. Our market is slightly more difficult to capture due to the fact that it is a business to business (B2B for short) service. I will focus exclusively on real estate agents/agencies in San Diego with the primary target of higher end realtors that contain a large number of agents and a great variety of properties.


I think what I learned most from this class is that everything is a process in this life. Social media I have already known the successful strategies using the platform as a business from people like Gary V, and other amazing influencers. I had already used different media before this class as services and tools for business due to the fact of owning my own company being a videographer. This taught me the most is really to find one media to grow on first instead of spreading myself thin. Doing more research outside this classroom creators like Jessie Driftwood, Peter Mckinnion, Casey Nesistat, and Methodbox would agree. They all focused most on one area to make really good content versus multiple different platforms making okay content. Would you want to see someone with 10,000 followers on Instagram with really amazing quality content versus 100 on each platform with okay content. People buy quality, ease, and comfortability.


With that said I do believe it is wise to branch out as well when you grow on one platform. It makes the process of growth ten times easier if you have 10,000 followers on one platform to transition to another. I think starting out on Instagram is one of the easiest ones due to the fact it is the most useful media for consumers and business alike. After growing a following on Instagram some might consider Youtube to connect to a more human relateable level with their fans or followers. Other could consider twitter due to the fact of how instant connection is. The fact you can respond to 10 people in 10 minutes about issues of the service or product versus tradition call time of 10 minutes makes more ease for the customers.


Overall I have taken a lot from this class, I would wish we would focus more on the newer apps like Instagram so I could have possibly taken more from it, but I do respect the fact at remembering where the media started from. How business grew, and keep growing on this platform. The most important thing I learned from this class was giving Facebook more of a chance that I once have done in the past. Facebook does not seem like the best tool, but there is still an open market there with people from my target market that I could reach. So, in the end, I may not put a majority of my eggs in that basket, but it will never hurt to put some over there for more outreach to different clients. I enjoyed this class, and can not wait to see what all my classmates do in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I by accident see your post on blogging field and I was impressed by your article. I will revisit your blog and pass this post on for my friends. Many thanks for sharing.

    Half Day Hoi An Biking Tour
    Phong Nha Pioneer Travel
    centralvietnampackagetour
    viettours
    mysontours

    ReplyDelete